According to one influencer, 25 minutes just on a Stair Master two times a week can give you perfect abs, and 30 minutes running on a treadmill at 3 miles/hour and a 12 percent inclination (commonly called 12-3-30) will work wonders for weight reduction.
The “3-2-1 approach” is now being promoted across the application, a weekly exercise plan that promises to assist you in feeling & see results by incorporating three days of strength training, two days of Pilates, and one day of cardio or conditioning.
Following the 3-2-1 technique might be beneficial for anyone struggling to stay consistent in the gym, but is it truly as good and effective as TikTokers claim? And how do you go about doing that for yourself? This is what fitness professionals say.
Also Read: 5 Healthy Habits To Live A Longer Life
What Is the Tik Tok 3-2-1 Workout Method?
3-2-1 workout approach, which has gained popularity on TikTok, is a variant on the circuit training routine outlined above. The TikTok version includes:
- Three exercises are included: Choose three exercises to do, such as jumping jacks, push-ups, and squats.
- Two rounds: Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, then go on to the next, repeating for a total of two rounds.
- After finishing the second round of the third exercise, do one minute of high-intensity aerobics, such as jumping rope or burpees.
- Rest for 30 seconds before repeating the circuit, executing each exercise for two rounds before moving on to the next. Continue for three to six circuits total.
This 3-2-1 workout variation is a quick and efficient approach to enhance cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance, and burn calories. It’s also very adaptable, enabling you to tailor the exercises, time intervals, and number of circuits to your fitness level and goals.
Advantages of the tiktok 3-2-1 exercise method
The TikTok-popularized 3-2-1 exercise regimen has various advantages, including:
- Time-saving: The 3-2-1 workout approach is a quick and easy way to obtain a full-body workout in a short amount of time. The workout can be performed in as little as 15 minutes, making it ideal for anyone who want to make the most of their time at the gym or at home.
- Cardiovascular and muscular endurance: The 3-2-1 workout method’s blend of strength workouts and high-intensity aerobics can assist enhance both cardiovascular and muscular endurance. This can result in greater stamina and general fitness.
- Burn calories: The 3-2-1 exercise method’s high-intensity nature can assist burn a considerable quantity of calories quickly. This can assist with weight reduction or maintenance objectives.
- Modifiable: The 3-2-1 workout program is highly adaptable to varied fitness levels and goals. The exercises, time intervals, and number of circuits may all be changed to make the workout more or less difficult.
- Convenience: The 3-2-1 workout approach requires very little equipment and can be done practically any place. This makes it a great training choice for people who don’t have access to a gym or want to work out at home.
How to Implement the 3-2-1 Method
Starting easy with a predetermined set of activities & repetitions that you consider achievable if you wish to try 3-2-1 approach. When you’ve mastered rotating between Pilates, strength, and cardio, you can add diversity and intensify your workout. (For novices, it might also be beneficial to alternate between strength & Pilates, performing 2 days of weight and 3 days of Pilates every week)
If you’re a newbie or a seasoned gym goer, approach your weekly 3-2-1 like a food plan by jotting down what you will be doing during each of the days on your phone or a planner.
1. Workouts for Strength
Break up 3 days of the strength training into 1 day of the lower-body & 2 days of the upper-body workout routines. According to her instructions, you should spend the first day of upper-body workouts to pull exercises & the second day to push exercises.
“For instance chest & triceps work (push exercises) on the first day, back & biceps work (pull exercises) on the second day, and legs work on the third day,” Van Rensburg explains. TikTokers also advise performing 1 day of the upper-body exercise, 1 day of the lower-body exercise, and one day of total-body strength training.
Pilates classes can include mat Pilates, reformer Pilates, and if you are not a Pilates person then barre, yoga, or mobility training is for you. You may attend an in-person class, use an app also to schedule a Pilates exercise, or you can stream POPSUGAR free on YouTube learn 3 2 1 pilates weights cardio method.
3. Conditioning and Cardiovascular Exercise
The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of cardio each week, but Suddell and Van Rensburg have no reservations about conserving the cardio for your one conditioning day, even if your workout isn’t a full 150 minutes. Conditioning isn’t restricted to cardio-style workouts; it may also include high-intensity activity with little respite, such as cycling. If running on a treadmill sounds dull, Suddell suggests mixing it up with group sessions or going outside.
For outcome, you must follow the 3-2-1 breakdown, you’ll notice and feel improvements in your flexibility, strength, and aerobic fitness.
At the very least, it may help you stay motivated to exercise and organize your sessions with less thought. Listening to your body is always crucial, particularly when beginning a new workout programme, but this one is expert-approved.
The 12-3-30 treadmill workout has significant advantages. It is not, however, a miraculous drug for weight loss or overall health. So, if you want to give it a shot, keep your expectations in check and ease into it gradually.
It’s also worth noting that the 12-3-30 might not be your cup of tea. “Not everyone will get that emotional high from the activities,” Brooks explained. The good news is that there are several more workouts you may attempt.
4 Mental Exercises to Help You Happily Conclude Your Day
25+ Gratitude Quotes | Be Thankful To Everyone With Grateful Quotes